Marathon Petroleum Corporation Operator B in United States
Company Name: MarkWest Energy Partners, L.P.
Location Name: MWLS West Union WV
Relevant Experience Level: Entry Level (1-3 Years)
Employee Group: Regular - Full Time
Employee Subgroup: Hourly Non-Exempt
Assists in controlling the continuous operation of the process, storage, loading, and unloading systems of a mixed natural gas liquids fractionation facility by operating electronic, computerized, or manual control systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Participate in and practice all aspects of the MarkWest Safety Program
· Sample products, perform tests, record data, write operations logs
· Visually inspects equipment at periodic intervals to detect malfunctions or need for repair, adjustment, or lubrication
· Performs minor maintenance on and lubricates process, loading, and unloading equipment
· Assists in the shut down and startup of facility
· Initiate maintenance work orders
· Shut down, isolate, and prepare process units or production equipment for maintenance
· Issues: General, Hot Work, Energy Isolation, and Opening permits
· Participates in Process Hazard Analysis
· Ensures environmental compliance in areas of responsibility
· Samples and analyzes all unloads
· Participates in on the job training to meet the qualifications of an Operator A
· Assists in writing operations procedures and changes for Process Safety Management
· Monitor truck rack and plant CCTV security system. Report and record any breaches of protocol.
· Ensure adherence to safety and environmental regulations
· Performs other duties as directed or requested by supervision
· A minimum of a high school diploma or Post-Secondary Certificate and may require some vocational training or job-related course work.
· Some previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is preferred
· Must have strong understanding of the plant process and all plant equipment.
· Must be able to assume the duties of an Operator A in relief or emergency situations.
· Self-motivated with the ability to work well with others
· Strong organizational skills
· Ability to motivate others
· Ability to prioritize and execute many tasks at once
· Ability to work in a team environment with shared responsibilities and to participate in training other personnel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms, and taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in outside weather conditions and with flammable liquids. The employee frequently works in high, precarious places and exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, acidic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Materials and Equipment Used:
The material and equipment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will regularly use hand tools, computers, analytical electronic devices, and operate a motor vehicle.
About Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Headquartered in Findlay, Ohio, Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC) operates an integrated refining, marketing and transportation system.
MPC is the nation's third-largest refiner, with a crude oil refining capacity of approximately 1.8 million barrels per calendar day in its seven-refinery system. Marathon brand gasoline is sold through approximately 5,500 independently owned retail outlets across 19 states. In addition, Speedway LLC, an MPC subsidiary, owns and operates the nation's second-largest convenience store chain, with approximately 2,730 convenience stores in 21 states.
Through subsidiaries, MPC owns the general partner of MPLX LP, a midstream master limited partnership. MarkWest Energy Partners, L.P., a wholly owned subsidiary of MPLX LP, is one of the largest processors of natural gas in the U.S. MPC owns, leases or has ownership interests in approximately 10,800 miles of crude and light product pipelines and more than 5,600 miles of gas gathering and natural gas liquids (NGL) pipelines.
MPC's fully integrated system provides operational flexibility to move crude oil, NGLs, feedstocks and petroleum-related products efficiently through the company's distribution network and midstream service businesses in the Midwest, Northeast, East Coast, Southeast and Gulf Coast regions.
Job Function: MarkWest
Travel Expected: None
If you have visited our site in search of information on U.S. employment opportunities and require an accommodation to submit your application, please contact the MPC EEO/Compliance Office at866-492-7802. Note that we only accept resumes and applications for posted positions.
Marathon Petroleum Company LP (“MPC”) is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, veteran status or other legally protected status.