Marathon Petroleum Corporation Environmental Coordinator in Smithfield, West Virginia
Location Name: Smithfield, WV
Job/Requisition ID: [[id]]
Location Address: 14624 North Fork Road, Smithfield, WV, United States (US), 26437
Education Level: Bachelor's Required
Relevant Experience Level: Mid Career (4-10 Years)
Employee Group: Regular - Full Time
Employee Subgroup: Salaried Exempt
Ensures regulatory compliance for business unit with primary focus on project management, air permit compliance, air emissions calculation and testing, greenhouse gas emissions, LDAR programs, spill prevention/response, waste management and compliance auditing.
• Ensure compliance with all applicable environmental rules, regulations and procedures for all operational Plants and compressor stations within the Business Unit
• Travel to all Plants within the Business Unit to ensure compliance with air, waste and water regulations
• Stay abreast of all current rules and regulations pertaining to air regulations and permits for oil and natural gas facilities.
• Time will be split between office and field work equally. Office work requires report generation and compliance spreadsheets for regulatory requirements and audit purposes. Field work requires SPCC inspections, ensuring regulatory and permit compliance, and onsite drills for emergency response purposes
• Responsible for internal compliance audits
• Bachelor's degree required from four-year college or university preferably in the field of physical sciences, natural sciences or engineering
• Prefer 3 years’ experience in oil & gas processes
• A strong working knowledge of Federal and Oklahoma Air Regulations and programs
• A history of successfully working on environmental compliance issues
• Current valid driver's license• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Discretion when dealing with confidential information
• Ability to keep records, analyze and summarize raw data, in order to fill out and submit summary and regulatory reports
• Ability to work well and communicate with all plant personnel and senior managers
• Strong computer skills required
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms, and taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in outside weather conditions and with flammable liquids. The employee frequently works in high, precarious places and exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, acidic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Materials and Equipment Used
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will regularly use hand tools, computers, phone, fax, copier, map printer/plotter and analytical electronic devices, buried pipe line locators and operate a motor vehicle.
About Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Marathon Petroleum Corporation is a leading, integrated, downstream energy company headquartered in Findlay, Ohio. The company operates the nation’s largest refining system with more than 3 million barrels per day of crude oil capacity across 16 refineries. Marathon Petroleum's marketing system includes branded locations across the United States, including Marathon branded outlets. Speedway LLC, a Marathon Petroleum subsidiary, owns and operates retail convenience stores across the United States. MPC also owns the general partner and majority limited partner interest in MPLX LP, a midstream company which owns and operates gathering, processing, and fractionation assets, as well as crude oil and light product transportation and logistics infrastructure.
Travel Expected: Up to 10%
Marathon Petroleum Company LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition or AIDS/HIV status, ancestry, national origin, genetic information, military, veteran status, marital status, citizenship or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, click here .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process at Marathon Petroleum LP, please contact our Human Resources Department at email@example.com. Please specify the reasonable accommodation you are requesting, along with the job posting number in which you may be interested. A Human Resources representative will review your request and contact you to discuss a reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Veteran / Disability
Marathon Petroleum Company LP participates in the E-Verify program in some states in which it operates (including AL, AZ, GA, MS, NC, SC, TN, and UT). For more information before proceeding, please see details in English or Spanish . Right to Work Statement English or Spanish .