Marathon Petroleum Corporation Plant Operator in Sayre, Oklahoma
Company Name: MARATHON PETROLEUM COMPANY
Location Name: MWLS Sayre OK
Location Address: 11348 N 1170 Road, Sayre, OK, United States (US), 73662
Relevant Experience Level: Entry Level (1-3 Years)
Employee Group: Regular - Full Time
Employee Subgroup: Hourly Non-Exempt
POSITION SUMMARY: In general, this position will perform any operations & technical issues related to MarkWest facilities. These duties will include daily plant operations and compressor operations as well as any operations duties in the system as needed.
In particular, these tasks may include, but are not limited to:
• Operate Buffalo Creek and Omega plant on a regular and as needed basis.
• Work rotating shift-work schedules.
• Assisting with EFM and compressor communications.
• Pipeline pigging.
• Compressor operations as needed.
• Maintaining clean and safe work environment.
• Minor and major compressor maintenance.
• Maintaining scheduled preventative maintenance programs.
• Maintaining daily compressor reports.
• Ordering parts as needed.
• Maintaining accurate condensate records.
• Managing condensate levels at Omega or any compressor stations in his assigned area.
• Attending Safety meetings and comply with all MarkWest safety policies and procedures.
• Reporting any unsafe condition or situation that would compromise the safety or integrity of any MarkWest personnel or equipment at any location.
• Making any or all repairs as deemed reasonable and safe to do.
• Develop and Maintain Operating Procedures
• Maintaining the company vehicles at all times to ensure safety to him and the equipment that he will operate.
• Continual involvement with the PSM program including, training, PHA’s, MOC’s, documentation, writing work permits, etc…
• Assist and Maintain PSM Files
• Maintaining the tools and equipment issued to him.
• Directing and overseeing contractor work
• Take call on a regular basis.
• Work weekends on a rotating basis.
SUPERVISORY DUTIES: Supervision of contract crews
• 3 years of applicable experience performing the tasks he will continue to perform as a MWOK employee.
• Strong organizational skills, ability to work well under time pressures.
• Ability to coordinate, prioritize and execute many tasks at once.
About Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Headquartered in Findlay, Ohio, Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC), together with its subsidiaries, including Marathon Petroleum Company LP and Speedway LLC, is one of the largest petroleum product refiners, marketers and transporters in the United States.
MPC is the nation’s third-largest refiner and the largest refiner in the Midwest. MPC’s refining, marketing and transportation operations are concentrated primarily in the Midwest, Northeast, East Coast, Southeast and Gulf Coast regions of the U.S.
MPC operations are strategically located to serve major markets. They include a seven-plant refining network, a comprehensive terminal and transportation system, and extensive wholesale and retail marketing operations. This includes both the Marathon brand and MPC’s wholly owned retail marketing subsidiary, Speedway LLC, the nation’s second-largest chain of company-owned and -operated retail gasoline and convenience stores.
Job Function: MarkWest
Travel Expected: Up to 10%
If you have visited our site in search of information on U.S. employment opportunities and require an accommodation to submit your application, please contact the MPC EEO/Compliance Office at866-492-7802. Note that we only accept resumes and applications for posted positions.
Marathon Petroleum Company LP (“MPC”) is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, veteran status or other legally protected status.